Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random photos

Oh whoops! How did this one show up in my China blog? Oh well, guess I have to show off my other three beautiful daughters... L to R: Olivia, Lizzy, Kari taken just before I left - Easter
So I go to buy Guy two pillows and I get one bag not even the width of a pillow. Yes, there's two in there, I'm assured. (The package is not see-through) So, I get home, and they're shrink-wrapped. The one on the left, not yet released from it's vacuum pack. The one on the right, liberated.
Not everything in China is inexpensive. Here we visit an upscale grocery store with imports from around the world. Skyler shows me an imported apple from Japan - priced at $8.00 U.S.
We were trying to flag down a taxi with no success. Yue Li decides she's hungry so we take a break here to get a bowl of Chong Chinqs signature noodle bowl.

2 comments:

  1. ****the apples are (as you can see in the background) 228 RMB / 6.8 (current exchange rate) = 33 dollars each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one of you actually picked one of those $33 apples up?? What if you had dropped it? Do they have that 'you bruise it, you buy it' rule?

    ReplyDelete