Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day two, evening.

We've watched a movie. "Twilight", I've brought it with me - Sky wants to read the series now, haha, always satisfying to get someone hooked on my current addictions. I'm getting ready to retire down to my little apartment on the 17th floor.

Skyler: Do you have an idea where everything is now? Our building? Downtown?

Me: Um. No. I've only been here 36 hours, 10 of which I slept.

Skyler: I'll show you on the map here. Tomorrow when we go back you can lead me.

Me: I haven't really been paying attention. To the one time we've been there...

Skyler: (Severely) You will need to know how to get around without me and Yue Li, you know. It's really very easy.

Me: (Remembering the the winding, confusing roads up the 1000 foot embankment behind us to the dozens of high rises sitting on top of the multi-tiered underground markets packed with goods and humanity.) Maybe you should take the lead one more time.

Skyler: Mmm. We'll see tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good for Sky! I used to have the kids direct me home from someplace, or direct me to someplace before they started to drive, so they wouldn't have to figure it out when they were under the pressure of driving. Same idea. I'll read on to see how well you've learned your way around!

    ReplyDelete