Thursday, April 16, 2009

DAY FOUR: A trip to the bakery.


We arrive at this western-style bakery. The pastries are not quite right, Sky says it's because of the flour available, which is probably right, it always comes down to the flour with these kinds of things, well, that, and the knowledge. I buy three things that look completely different but all taste the same. Kind of like my Mexican cooking - no matter how I roll it or serve it I use the same basic ingredients and it all tastes the same!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! But I'm still curious - how is your directional ability coming along? Sky, be tough! And Maggie, get him or Yue Li to write the directions down in Chinese - if you get lost, you can always show a taxi driver the directions to get home! We always carried a card from the hotels with such directions, and we always found our way back (via taxis, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez give me a break. Nothing like a big sister to crack the whip! Sigh. I had to have Yue Li guide me back up to Sky's work on the hill yesterday. However we are taking the bus - I can chose from buses #135, 181 or 261. These are the cleanest, according to Yue Li. (Sky brought me home on the second best bus, and when I complained about it, he told me I was lucky we didn't catch the bottom on the line bus. Brat) To get to Sky's work: The bus stop I get off at is by the red bank. Then I walk down the central plaza until the bridal shop where I turn left, then right until I get to Sky's building which is a replica of the New York New York building. He is on the 19th floor. Tomorrow I will venture out on my own.

    ReplyDelete